Friday, March 13, 2009

Big Shipment






We just got in a BIG shipment from Cotton Traders. It is mostly really nice Hawaiian style shirts and also some Camp shirts. There are some silk and some cotton shirts. There are also some solid golf shirts and T-shirts, and some swimsuits from 1X to 6X. We have been out of swimsuits for a while, so it is nice to have stock again. The silk shirts are really nice and, of course being silk, they are expensive. So, here I am marking them in and thinking to myself "Why did I order these six months ago -- now we are knee deep in a recession. Are these ever going to sell? Will anybody pay $70.00 for these?" And then someone just came in and likes fancy shirts, so I showed the new shipment to him, and he bought two of the silk shirts. So -- now I have a good start, and Yes, people are still willing to pay for what they want, especially for items that are hard to find. Have a great weekend!!

No comments: