Tuesday, January 4, 2011

Warning

I have already been talking to some people about this, and they have also heard about what is coming. I have heard different things from different people, but the gist of what is about to happen is that the price of cotton is about to go up 30 to 40 % on everything that you buy. I am talking about clothing in my store, but also anything else that you buy that is made with cotton (sheets, women's and children's clothing, etc.). I have heard reasons such as cutting back or ending subsidies paid to cotton growers by the government, and also that China is buying up all available cotton both to use for themselves, but also to be able to control the market, thus control the price. So, watch out for this everywhere -- I just wanted to give a warning.

No comments: