Thursday, May 1, 2014

Customer Service

I just wanted to share an experience that I had yesterday involving bad customer service, or in reality, no customer service.  I took my daughter to a local mall to buy shoes for her (I had fine service at the shoe store BTW).  While we were at the mall, we happened to go by the bedding department in a large national chain store.  I recalled that my wife told me that we needed new bed sheets, so I decided to look around.  They had multiple walls and racks full of different brands, styles, and thread counts of sheets.  I looked around for about 10 minutes before I even saw anybody who worked there, and since I had no clue what was good and what was bad, I stopped her and asked if she could help me.  Her response?  "I don't work in this department, but I'll let someone know that you need help."  OK, fine -- then I waited about 10 more minutes until I saw someone else who worked there.  "Could I get some help?", I asked.  "I'm on break", she responded, and kept going.  I looked around for about another 10 minutes before finally giving up and leaving.  THAT, in my opinion, is BAD customer service!

I hereby pledge to all customers of Leiter's Big and Tall & Leiter's Uniforms that we all work in this department, and if we are OPEN, then we are NOT on break!!!!

And PLEASE let me know if you have ever a bad customer service experience here.

No comments: